That’s right, always stop at stop signs literally and figuratively.
For Heaven’s sake child if you are driving in a car and there is a stop sign. PLEASE STOP. PLEASE LOOK before you continue. A stop sign doesn’t mean you can’t ever go again but it does mean “Quit moving, make sure the coast is clear, and then get on your way.” Thousands of accidents are caused every year by people not taking 30 seconds to stop at a stop sign. For many those accidents are life altering and I don’t want to see your life or someone else’s changed simply because you failed to stop and look around.
I hope you can realize that in life there are also other stop signs. When you reach a point in life where you think it might be time to stop and re-evaluate you are probably right. Sometimes in the world we live in it is easy to be Go-Go-Go. However, there is no better way to crash and burn then to fail to slow down and stop when necessary. Take time for yourself, know when you have reached your limits–with relationships, partying, jobs, and even hobbies. Remember that stopping doesn’t have to be simultaneous with quitting. Stopping simply means taking a break, a minute to catch your breath or clear your head–to evaluate and make sure the coast is clear.
Just always remember to stop at stop signs.
That’s right..never become a fan of Justin Bieber or any male vocalist similar to him for the following reasons:
1. His music is not good. If you want introduced to good music ask your dad, ask me, or ask several other people I can think of.
2. His hair is more popular than his music and when he cut it he actually lost popularity among some people. Don’t spend money on someone whose fame swivels around their hair.
3. He sings music that is played in clubs he isn’t old enough to get into.
4. He also sings about true love and some girl being his “Baby” but has yet to show the capability to experience it.
5. Just do me a favor and don’t like him.
I expect this to be the most highly ignored piece of advice I give you. Some day when you are playing the latest pop boy music out of your speakers I will have to just cringe and bear it or beg you to please put in your headphones. I will also have to hang my head in shame when you beg me to buy you tickets to the cutesy-boy’s concert and then am also forced to drive you there, chaperone the experience, and feel guilty if I enjoy even one song.